North Market Farmers’ Market Opening Day!
Let’s celebrate the return of the North Market Farmers’ Market!
The North Market Farmers’ Market is one of the oldest and largest in Central Ohio! Every Saturday throughout the growing season, June through October, Ohio farmers bring their fresh-picked produce to North Market, where customers are able to purchase directly from the local farms selling the highest-quality products from their fields. Additionally, we aim to combine local farms and local entrepreneurs selling hand-made & vintage items, fine arts & jewelry for a bigger, more eclectic and experiential Farmers’ Market.
North Market’s Farmers’ Market season officially begins Saturday, June 6!
The following measures will be in place on the plaza to ensure proper social distancing, sanitation, and safety is observed by vendors and guests alike:
* North Market’s mask requirement that applies to indoor merchants and guests will also apply to all outdoor vendors and guests.
* Access to each farmers’ market booth will be limited. Markings on ground will indicate this requirement and will show the distance required between people.
* Several farms and vendors will offer contact free shopping and pre-orders. North Market asks that guests pre-order and plan out shopping trips when possible. This helps us keep crowds to a minimum and lines moving smoothly.
* Farms and vendors will provide hand sanitizer for guest use.
* North Market farms and vendors are committed to helping prevent the spread of illness by washing hands frequently, covering coughs/sneezes, staying home when sick, and avoiding exposure to others who are sick. We ask that all guests follow the same protocols and do not visit North Market or the Farmers’ Market if feeling ill.
* North Market farms and vendors will continue to strictly follow all local public health guidelines, safety protocols, and best practices.
Local Farmers’ Markets are important to keep farmers in business and support local food systems and provide access points to fresh, healthy food. North Market’s focus on shopping small and buying local is amplified through the Farmers’ Market through the support of local farms and other local makers.
The North Market Farmers’ Market is a weekly rain or shine event taking place Saturdays from 8:00am to 12:00pm from June 6 through October 31.
Along with a weekly selection of rotating vendors, the following seasonal vendors will be in regular attendance:
Berner’s Free Range Farm
Bug Run Farm
Dutch Creek Goat Farm
Grateful Snacking Company
Huckstle Premium Grooming
Jewelry by Cricket Jones
My Iced Cookie
One Season Microgreens
Quiverful Family Farm
Rain4est Essential Skincare
Shady Grove Farm
The Cat and the Raven
The Compost Exchange
The Pastry Factory
The Sweater Lady
Thomas Family Orchard
Two Black Sheep
As in past years, North Market guests will be able to visit the Farmers’ Market info booth (Saturdays only) or the Business Office (during regular Market hours of operation) on the second floor to use a SNAP/EBT card to buy SNAP-eligible foods at North Market! North Market is proud to participate in the SNAP/EBT program, which helps low-income families access more fresh fruits and vegetables while supporting local farmers and growing local economies.
GENEROUS SUPPORT PROVIDED BY:
Le Meridien Columbus, The Joseph
Join us at #yournorthmarket!
For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/events/2512839065697974/.
For more fun things to do in Columbus this week, check out the latest issue of Fun10Columbus.